Our pope today introduced a day of celebration that’s endured for over THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLENNIUM. In addition to, you know, wrestling power away from a rogue dynasty and otherwise trying to keep the Church afloat in troubled waters. All in just 3 years. No big deal.
*BECOME A PATRON OF THE POPECAST (free stickers to the next 5 patrons...) at patreon.com/mattsewell
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE:
- Transiturus de Hoc Mundo – Papal Bull introducing the Feast of Corpus Christi
- Flocknote's Popes in a Year – Pope Urban IV
- The Catholic Encyclopedia – Pope Urban IV
- Wikipedia – Pope Urban IV – Pope Urban IV
- The Catholic Encyclopedia – Feast of Corpus Christi