The series so many listeners to The Popecast have been asking about and waiting for is back for Part Two.
Our pope this week, once again, is one of the finest men to ever grace the Chair of St. Peter. Ordained a priest in secret at the start of the Communist occupation of Poland, he was a bishop at 38, an archbishop at 44, and a cardinal at 47. Though he was gifted with a towering intellect and a love for academics, his greatest joy was spending time in the outdoors – canoeing, camping, and praying with his friends.
This is the story spanning Pope St. John Paul II's priesthood and tenure as bishop, archbishop, and cardinal in Poland.
SPECIAL THANKS to our friends at Catholic Balm Co. for sponsoring this episode of The Popecast. Check out their beard balms, lotion bars, and ESPECIALLY their brand new Petra Solid Cologne at [catholicbalm.co](catholicbalm.co).
Be sure to enter "POPE" at checkout to get 10% off your entire order!
OTHER POPECAST LINKS
- Become a patron of The Popecast at patreon.com/thepopecast
- Brand new Popecast shirts at bonfire.com/pope-names
- [BOOK] Sign of Contradiction by St. John Paul II (As Cardinal Karol Wojtyla; Retreat preached to Pope Paul VI & the papal household – https://amzn.to/2WiGi5R
- [BOOK] Saint John Paul the Great: His Five Loves by Jason Evert – https://amzn.to/3d3isSf
- [BOOK] Witness to Hope: The Biography of Pope John Paul II by George Weigel – https://amzn.to/35n4Dvy