This episode is a bit unique. It’s early December, so our Catholic listeners will know that there are two mega huge feast days celebrating Mary in the first half of this month – the Immaculate Conception on December 8 and Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12.
So we thought it might be fitting to break from the usual format and talk about the Mother of God under one of those titles, and what two 20th-Century popes have to say about her.Support The Popecast
- [NEW] Today in Papal History Daily Newsletter
- Become a Patron of The Popecast
- (Patreon Alternative) Join The Popecast on Locals
- Ineffabilis Deus (1854) — Bl. Pope Pius IX's papal bull solemnly proclaiming the dogma of the Immaculate Conception
- [Pope Pius XII] Fulgens Corona — Encyclical on the 100th anniversary of Bl. Pope Pius IX's dogmatic declaration on the Immaculate Conception
- [St. John Paul II] Immaculate Conception Defined by Pius IX